If you receive an incorrect telephone number from Directory Assistance, you are entitled to a credit for that Directory Assistance charge. You must use the same dialing pattern to request the credit that you used to make the call. For example, if you dialed 411 for Directory Assistance, you need to dial the same number to request the credit. This will ensure that the provider issues the credit.

You may request up to three credits. You will need to inform the provider which listing was incorrect, so the correction can be made. A credit equal to the incorrect charge will appear on your bill.