The Accounting Associate’s position creates financial transactions and then generates reports from those transactions. The creation of financial transactions includes but is not limited to; posting information to the general ledger through the use of eLations. The Accounting Associate will be responsible for AP, AR as well as other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager. Other responsibilities include generating reports as well as reporting various forms for both state and federal government entities, in addition to monthly, quarterly or annual tax preparation as assigned by the Accounting Manager. This position will need to understand phone, email and general office equipment use. Application must be received by April 9, 2021.
Customer Service Excellence
In keeping with our mission of customer satisfaction, all jobs carry with them an overriding responsibility to provide extraordinary customer service in terms of quality, timeliness and assistance. A commitment to service excellence is expected of all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inputs financial transactions into the eLations billing system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures accurate data is inputted to general ledger account in order to process accounts payable. Processes checks and/or credit card payments in a timely manner.
- Prepare invoices as needed to generate accounts receivable.
- Conducts accurate and timely financial transactions for GCTEL and any subsidiary.
- Ability to maintain high levels of organization in addition to detail-oriented due to the nature of the position.
- Actively encourage teamwork, open communication and cooperative interaction by promoting a positive work environment that reflects the company’s vision and values.
- Handles all information in an unbiased and confidential manner.
- Maintains strong knowledge of all products and services offered by GCTEL.
- Communicates with coworkers on the telephone, electronically, written, or face-to-face.
- Ability to problem solve various accounting questions and concerns.
- Verifies data is correct before posting financial transactions, using strong proofing skills.
- Retrieve information from the billing system in a timely manner.
- Able to thoroughly explain pro-rated charges/credits, governmental fees/taxes, late fees and payments including past due account amounts as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing large volumes of data and identifying problems with the ability to resolve them.
- Strong working knowledge of tracking inventory.
- Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a
- courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Knowledge of general office and safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in operating a computer using data base, word processing, spreadsheet software, email, Instant Messenger, billing software and the Internet.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as; ten-key adding machine, copy machine, facsimile machine, multi-line telephone, and cell phone.
- Knowledge of accounting credit and debit practices.
- Ability to listen to the customer, determine needs and suggest appropriate technology and product solutions.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Accounting or similar program or 5+ years in bookkeeping or similar role.
- 2+ years hands-on inventory experience preferred but not required
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.||
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with Employees and business contacts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.||
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift, pull and/or push up to 25 pounds.||
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We are committed to insuring that all recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, genetic background, disability, pregnancy, public assistance, familial status, human rights commission activity and sexual orientation. These are protected classes under the MN Human Rights Act. Applicants for employment who believe they have been discriminated against have the right to notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 1801 L Street, NW, Washington DC 20507.
All personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to any characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. Applicants will not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, retaliation, coercion or discrimination because they have exercised any right protected by law.
I understand that by GCTEL accepting my application is in no way making a promise of employment. I understand that if I am hired, my employment is founded on the employment-at-will principle meaning that I as well as GCTEL are able to terminate employment at any time without just cause. In addition, I understand that by applying at GCTEL I am not guaranteed employment and that all applications are given equal and fair consideration.
I authorize any school, previous employer, or reference disclosed in my cover letter, resume, application or interview to provide information about my performance or persona. I also unconditionally, release such school, previous employer, or reference disclosed from any and all liability for furnishing such information.
GCTEL reserves the right to conduct a background investigation as a condition of employment. In addition, I consent to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances. I understand that if I test positive on a drug screening, any offer of employment could be revoked.
By submitting this application, I understand that I have read, fully understand and accept all terms.